Wednesday, October 13, 2010

recycling remnants

This past weekend, we visited with my in-laws at their home.  Much of their land is an inspiration for what we eventually want ourselves (I could do many posts just on the beauty of their land alone).  But while there, I also get to sit back and relax a bit more than I do at home, with grandma and papa around to entertain, acres and acres of woods to explore, the pond, etc. 

While there I caught an episode of Sarah's House, where she and Tommy hit up an antiques/building remnants type of store and purchased a piece of wood to refinish and make a beautiful coat rack in one of the guest bedrooms of the farmhouse they are renovating.


Wanting to do this same thing in our foyer at home, I started thinking of how great it would be if I could find a place like that in Fort Wayne.  To my knowledge, one didn't exist.  Well, until I started really looking, anyway.  I found a place, called the Wood Shack, where apparently they have just this sort of stuff!  Old wooden boards, doors, windows, etc.  I can't wait to hit it up and see what kind of treasures I can find!  Old windows might also  make the perfect cold frame for the garden!  Hmmmmm.....

Photo taken from here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

House and Home{stead} | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012