Monday, April 2, 2012

basement update

When I last wrote about the basement in December 2010, we had finished most of the drywall in the basement and had drywall taping/mudding scheduled.  We had done all the work up to that point ourselves, but wanted someone to come take care of the really messy stuff.  Once that was done, we were left with this:  






Our basement is quite large - at 1600 square feet.  This is the one large room, and there is also a small mechanicals room, another room next to the wall left of the desk (which we use as a workout room) and a 3/4 bath (which has a shower, but no bath).  We chose to do all the priming/painting ourselves to save money, and we finished the priming very quickly after the drywall was done.  







So, what do we have planned for this space (or what DID we have planned, since a lot more has been done to the space in the long year+ since I last wrote)? 

Here was a rough idea of what was planned:  


I won't even address the tile because that idea was scrapped.  :-) But the paint colors all stuck.  All Benjamin Moore colors, we had the zero VOC Olympic paint tinted to match.  More on that soon!  


In the meantime, I'll leave you with these images of what we have planned (because this part still isn't done) for the walls.  Namely, board and batten!  






Images from here, here and here (via Pinterest).


And while we're at it, we didn't choose this one, but I thought this one was cool enough to mention:  



From here (via Pinterest).  

More on additional progress we've made soon!


2 comments:

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I picked up Ben Moore paint chips today! I've heard great things so I'm excited to try them out.

Sherri said...

Me too Sarah! I was a little surprised at how different some of the chips seemed from my monitor color, but I'm also trying to step out of my comfort zone a bit and try new things. :-)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

House and Home{stead} | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012